love letters and anecdotes.

mid-august nights, you knit waves onto my skin.

I wake up smelling like the seven seas, 

only to find you gone.

the anecdotes you left on my body,

half-written love letters at the corners and curves,

they'd continue reciting your name till time ends.

amidst dragonflies and cobwebs and old blankets,

i'd find myself thinking about how rain fell through your beard

the day we walked along an array of mirrors,

each that turned into cinder the moment we passed them.

your shadows would trespass my thoughts,

while i sit at this desk and 

scribble about the way you kissed me 

the day we met,

my white skirt tucked in between my thighs 

and the back of my throat,aching.

maybe some days i'd write about

your face that day, the face after that kiss,

the face my fingers traced madly,

the face i'd know in my dreams,

the face that made me lean

towards love and longing.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

wounds

maybe if i loved you less, i'd be able to talk about it more.

shades of autumn